Rutherford County offices will be closed on Monday, January 16 for
Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Director: Anthony Tuggle - Appointed
315 John Rice Blvd., Suite 101
Murfreesboro TN 37129
Phone: (615) 898-7710
Fax: (615) 898-7999
Rutherford County Agricultural Extension is supported by Rutherford County Government, Tennessee State University and University of Tennessee to provide the latest research-based educational information from Tennessee's land-grant college in the areas of Agriculture, Home Economics, 4-H and other Youth, Horticulture, and Community Resource Development to Rutherford County's rural and urban residents.
The Extension Service provides specific educational needs for over 100,000 clients, annually, plus mass media programming. This is accomplished through personal visits, phone calls, seminars, field days, group meetings, and newsletters.
UT Extension is the premier educational organization for all Tennesseans. Extension increases economic prosperity, improves environmental sustainability, and enhances well-being in rural and urban communities.
UT Extension helps Tennesseans to improve their quality of life and solve problems
through the application of research and evidenced-based knowledge about
agriculture and natural resources, family and consumer sciences, 4-H youth
development, and community development.
UT Extension serves society using high-quality educational programs that improve
Tennessee’s quality of life, economy and environment. UT Extension employees,
volunteers and partners are people of integrity. In all of our efforts, we value
communication and responsiveness.
As UT Extension we:
• Are the gateway to the University of Tennessee as the outreach unit of the Institute of Agriculture.
• Are a statewide educational organization with an office in every county.
• Are members of a team that includes employees, volunteers and partners.
• Are responsible for advancing Tennessee, and committed to team decisions.
• Are public servants who make wise decisions regarding time and resources.
• Encourage listening and mutual respect.
• Support diversity and inclusivity in people and programs.
• Use technology and promote lifelong learning to improve the lives, environment and economy for all Tennesseans.
• Strive for excellence in all things.