303 North Church Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Phone: (615) 217-7124
Fax: (615) 217-7127
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can attend Drug Court?
- A person must have pending criminal charges because they must be court-ordered into drug court. For the FTC Program, a person is court-ordered into the program by Judge Bragg. There do not have to be any criminal charges.
- How can I get into the program?
- An application must be submitted to start the approval process. An application can be requested from our office or downloaded from our website.
- Is there an age limit?
- All three programs requre that you must be 18 years or older to participate.
- What can I expect from Drug Court?
- This is a hard program! You must really want to change your life to succeed in this program. The program is designed to give you all the information you need to make those changes. The staff is here to provide as much support as you need. But, ultimately, whether you succeed in the program is up to you.
- I have tried other programs how is this different?
- All three programs are long-term programs. They are designed as a 12-month program, although few complete it in 12 months. The participants must report to the judge weekly and sees staff almost daily. Random drug screens are possible 7 days a week. The adult court carries the threat of returning to jail for the duration of your entire sentence if you are not successful in this program. The FTC participant may lose custody of their child. But we will do as much as we possibly can to see you succeed.
- What happens if I can't pay?
- When an adult participant reaches Phase 2 in the program, there is a $50 monthly program fee. The participant must also start paying on their court costs and fines. The participant must have all this paid off before they can graduate. If you absolutely cannot pay, your sentencing judge may consider reducing or waiving your court costs and fines.