1 South Public Square
Monday – Friday
P: (615) 898-7732
Subdivision Development Process Effective October 1, 2013
1. A Concept Meeting with a rough sketch of proposed project and a “name”.
2. Preliminary Plat submittal. Master Plan
3. Preliminary Plan Review by staff.
Planning Commission considers the Preliminary Plan for approval
4. Approval of Preliminary Plat by Planning Commission
5.Construction Plans for individual Phases are submitted to the County Engineer. (3 sets)
6. Construction Plan Review by staff
7. Pre-Construction Meeting
8. County Engineer approves and signs Construction Drawings after any revisions, if necessary
9. Developer is to distribute approved/signed construction drawings to appropriate utility companies.
10. Developer can proceed to ONLY install erosion prevention and sediment control (EPSC) per the
Construction Drawings and will notify Engineering Department after installation for County inspection.
11.Engineering Department Inspector will inspect the site for Erosion and Sediment Control compliance with the Construction Drawings. A “Notice to Proceed” will be issued to the Developer.
12. Construction can proceed at that time.
13. Developer’s Stormwater Inspector (valid TDEC Level 1certification) shall begin twice weekly inspections.
14. Sites with TDEC’s permits shall be subject to random TDEC Inspection.
15. County Engineering Inspectors will visit the site periodically to check for compliance with the Construction Drawings.
16. Developer to contact Engineering Department at critical junctures. i.e. subgrade inspections prior to base stone, storm/sewer placement, base stone placements.
17. Proof Rolls are required by the Rutherford County Engineer Office prior to placing stone, curb, and asphalt binder; call Engineering office ((615) 898-7732) or Engineering Inspector to confirm scheduled time and date. (A proof roll is invalid if rain occurs between placement of material and proof roll)
18. Final Plat Submittal.
19. Final Plat review by Staff.
Planning Commission considers the Final Plat for approval
20. Final Plat Approved by Planning Commission
21. Prior to recording the Plat:
22. Final Plat recorded
23. Prior to release of lots for building permits;
24. Lots Released
25. Engineering Office Should be Contacted 24 to 48 hours prior to final asphalt topping placement.
26. Road must have final asphalt topping within a year after binder has been installed.
27. After final asphalt topping is placed and approved, the road will be under warranty for one year before acceptance by the County Road Board.
28. Developer’s Engineer will provide a signed/stamped Certification of Completion to County Engineer stating that all improvements have been made per the Construction Drawings.
29. At the developer’s request in writing, a final inspection will take place by the Engineering Department.
30. Developer submits a Notice of Termination (NOT) from TDEC to the Engineering Department confirming complete site stabilization.
31. Road Board accepts roads into county inventory after final approval from Engineering Department.
32. Release of Surety.
|©2013 Rutherford County Office of Information Technology. All Rights Reserved
County Courthouse Suite 104 • Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Email – email@example.com