When can I move in my house after it is finished?

You can move in your house only upon the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy from the Building Codes Department. The Building Codes Department will not release your electricity for activation until all required documentation has been submitted, all code requirements have been met and a Final Inspection has been completed, passed and a Certificate of Occupancy issued. Under certain conditions and provided there are no outstanding life-safety conditions to be completed, it may be possible for the permit holder to apply for a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (this application will be accepted by the permit holder only, no exceptions). An inspection and a deposit will be required for release of electricity prior to the issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy.  The Temporary will be effective for 90 days to allow noted items to be completed and the building inspection satisfied.  If the Final building inspection is requested and completed before the expiration of the Temporary a portion of the deposit will be refunded to the applicant.