The Rutherford County COVID-19 Rental Relief Program Has Closed
As of August 5th, the Rutherford County Rental Relief Program has closed and will no longer process applications for rental and utility assistance as all program funds have been disbursed. To date, the total requests for assistance now exceed all Rutherford County Rent Relief funds available. Unfortunately, we will be unable to process any further applications. The tremendous response for this program demonstrates just how great the need is in Rutherford County.
Residents of Rutherford County in need of rent or utility assistance are encouraged to apply for assistance with the THDA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program: https://thda.org/help-for-renters-section-8/covidrentrelief
To reach the THDA Rent Relief Program by phone, call 844-500-1112.
Call center hours are 7am to 8 pm CST.
Since program launch, the Rutherford County COVID-19 Rental Relief Program has given out over $26 million in rental and utility assistance to nearly 3,200 households. The average disbursement was $8,000.
The program began in March 2021 to help county residents with the financial hardships created by COVID-19. Low-income renters received assistance with past-due rent and utilities, as well as three months of future rental payments.
· Falsification of documents or any material falsehoods or omissions in an Application to this program, including knowingly seeking duplicative benefits, is subject to state and federal criminal penalties.
· This program has specific eligibility requirements and not all households may be eligible
· The information on this website is subject to change as new guidelines become available from the US Treasury. This document is up to date with Treasury Guidelines as of 2/08/2022.
· Funds may not still be available by the time a household applies
All Rutherford County employees and contractor employees have a responsibility to report waste, fraud and abuse in connection with COVID-19 Rent Relief Program. The public is also invited to share such concerns. Rutherford County reserves the right to decline funding or participation if it is determined that fraud has occurred. If you suspect fraud, waste or abuse Report Fraud To:
Report Fraud to:
· Fraud, Waste and Abuse Hotline: 1-800-232-5454
· U.S. Department of Treasury: https://home.treasury.gov/services/report-fraud-waste-and-abuse